For those who are a Resident or Ratepayer within the Hurunui District the Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa extend some fantastic benefits, including discounted Annual Swim Passes for those who like to visit often.
Resident & Ratepayer Discount Card Benefits:
- 50% reduction on the single entry adult and child tickets (excludes private facilities and promotional offers).
- Discounted Annual Swim Pass for Resident & Ratepayer Discount Card holders
- 10% discount at The Tea Kiosk Cafe & Grill
- 20% off treatments and 10% off retail products at The Spa at Hanmer Springs
- 10% discount on retail products at the Hurunui iSITE
Please note that Resident & Ratepayer Discount Cards may take up to 10 working days from the day of application to process.
Please read the below Terms & Conditions including application criteria. Applications can now be made online via the links below!
Terms & Conditions
The Terms & Conditions of the Hanmer Springs Resident & Ratepayer Card or Annual Swim Pass are as follows:
One card per:
- Full-time resident or resident family in the Hurunui District.
- Individual ratepayer (land) listed on the Hurunui District Council rating roll and their 'family'*. Joint ratepayers may nominate one family only for a Discount Card.
- Company or Trust listed on the Hurunui District Council rating roll. One family only may be nominated for a Discount Card and up to three families for the Annual Swim Pass. Additional families over the first family will be required to pay the full normal Annual Swim Pass price.
*For the purpose of the Ratepayer and Residents' Cards a ‘family’ consists of two adults and their dependant children 18 years and under. Available for "Land ratepayers only" and not available for water ratepayers.
The Resident & Ratepayers Card or Annual Swim Pass is for the use of the family or person named on the card only and is not transferable.
For the card to be valid, a current photograph of the individual family members or person named on the card must be taken and stored digitally by Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa.
The card must be swiped through the card reader at the reception counter to receive the residents' concession rate or free entry in the case of the Annual Swim Pass.
Misuse of the Resident & Ratepayers Discount Card or Annual Swim Pass will result in the card being revoked.
Card replacement is at the discretion of Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa and attracts a $15 service fee.
Residents Discount Card - Residents will be required to re-validate their card each year in May by completing a new Residents' Card application and by providing proof of residency.
Ratepayers Discount Card - Ratepayers will not be required to re-validate their card while they remain the current ratepayer of the Hurunui District Council. A joint ratepayer may choose to change the authorised ‘family’ annually by completing a new application form.
Annual Swim Pass: Ratepayers/Residents wanting to purchase Annual Swim Passes will need to renew their membership online. These will only be issued to current Ratepayer/Residents. New ratepayer/residents need to apply with a discount card application first. The Annual Swim Pass is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Companies & Trusts:
Companies & Trusts will be required to provide written confirmation of the nominated ‘family' or families authorised to receive the Ratepayers' Discount Card or Annual Swim Pass. These cards will remain valid while the Company or Trust remains the current ratepayer. Companies & Trusts may choose to change the authorised ‘family' or families annually by completing a new application form.