Pool alone policy and school/group supervision policy
Supervision of children:
Children under the age of 8 must be actively supervised by a responsible caregiver aged 16 years or over.
Children under 5 years of age must be within arm’s reach of a caregiver aged 16 years or over.
The following steps will be followed in the event of a child being left alone / inadequately supervised:
• The child will be removed from the water until their parent/caregiver is located, or if needed phoned if they are not at the facility.
• The child will be handed over to the person nominated by the Team Leader until parent/caregiver is located.
• If parents/caregivers cannot be contacted and a reasonable amount of time has passed the Police should be contacted by the Team Leader.
• In all circumstances, the child will stay out of water until supervision is located.
• Upon contacting the parents/caregivers, they are to be verbally advised of the 'Pool Alone Policy' and the requirement upon them as caregiver.
School / Group Supervision Policy:
Schools and groups that visit the facility have a specific supervision policy they need to plan for and adhere to. This policy is given to each group that book prior to their arrival. For groups that arrive without booking, a copy of the policy will still be given to them and their responsibilities explained. They will also be asked to call ahead and book next time. All school groups attending the facility before entering the pools will attend a school group safety talk from a Lifeguard.