Going to a day spa can seem a bit daunting for those of us who haven't been before. There's no need to worry about coming to The Spa or Artisan Spa though - our teams are very down-to-earth. We have put some tips together to help you make the most of your visit.
- Take your time to peruse the menus before choosing your treatment. Have a chat with our staff if you're not sure which is best for you.
- Keep your preparation to a minimum – don't bother shaving your legs before a massage or cutting your toenails before a pedicure.
- Dress comfy. It’s not a time for elaborate hair-dos, high heels or tight, tailored clothes. We won’t look twice if you arrive in comfortable clothes, with wet hair and no make-up on.
- Grab something to eat so you're not hungry during your treatment and it's best to leave your valuables at home.
- Arrive early for your appointment … at least 15 minutes you'll be far more relaxed than those who rush in at the last minute. It takes time to fill out the paperwork.
- Your therapist will show you to your treatment room and you may (depending on what treatment you’re having) be given a robe and slippers to wear before your treatment.
- Don’t feel obliged to talk to the therapist. Do not fret or feel embarrassed - we have seen bodies of every shape and size before. And don't feel perturbed if you fall asleep – we’re even used to snoring!
- Don't be shy.... ask your therapist if you'd like to know something.
- Our single most important piece of advice is that you RELAX and ENJOY your treatment ... this is a treat so make the most of it.
- Finally, take your time getting up from your treatment table, there’s no need to rush out of the room.
From massage to manicures…
There‘s no better place to escape and indulge than Hanmer Springs. Known as New Zealand’s alpine spa village, our place has a rich history in wellness.
Early Maori used to rest and bathe in our famous thermal waters ... the experience is just as rejuvenating today. Our day spas offer a variety of indulgent treatments, from soothing massages to revitalising facials. Whether you indulge alone or as a couple, our skilled therapists will ensure you escape the fast pace of everyday life.
This is a Feature Grid
These are the ultimate in indulgence so if you're after a heavenly experience, try them. You'll find the perfect package for you and you can enjoy it alone or with a friend. An amazing treat that you deserve.