WE ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE
As of Sunday 22 March, Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa will be closed for the foreseeable future.
This includes The Spa and Artisan Spa.
This is not a decision we have made lightly but is a sensible precaution to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
The I-SITE information centre will remain open for the next few days to provide information for visitors who are still in Hanmer Springs.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and customers is our highest priority. That would be put at risk if we remained open.
We are also following government directives to minimise contact and stop non-essential travel.
- For those customers that have pre-booked products with us:
- If you have purchased pool entry through our website, those vouchers do not have an expiry and will be valid when we reopen.
- If you have booked pool entry through a third party (for example a travel agent or through a website that is not ours), then we will organise a refund through them and they will be in contact.
- If you have booked a private pool, sauna or steam room we will contact you to organise a refund.
- Likewise, if you have booked in either of our Spas (The Spa at Hanmer Springs or Artisan Spa) we will contact you to organise a refund.
- If you have any questions, please check our website first as we will have the key info on there. If you can’t find what you are looking for then please email email@example.com.
We will do our very best to support our staff – they’re a great team and we’re working hard to keep everyone employed for as long as possible.
It is with a heavy heart that we are closing, but these are unprecedented times and look forward to re-opening and welcoming you back soon.
Look after one another
We are asking everyone who visits if they have been overseas in the last 14 days or if they are feeling unwell. If the answer to either of these questions is yes, we will abide by the Ministry of Health & send you home to self-isolate.
Government regulations capacity 500 for outdoor gatherings.
For your own safety and that of others, we have introduced some conditions of entry. Most of the time we don’t have 500 people on the complex at one time, however it is possible we may reach this limit. We have a system in place for counting the number of people on the complex at one time, and if we reach the limit of 500 we will need to stop more customers from entering the complex.
Those customers will need to wait until other customers leave before being able to enter the complex. We apologise for any inconvenience, however we hope customers will understand given the current situation.
Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa are committed to the health and well-being of our guests and staff. We have implemented additional cleaning measures to complement our existing cleaning regime. We will continue to revise this as the COVID-19 situation evolves and will be monitoring advice from the World Health Organisation and the Ministry of Health.
We maintain the cleanliness of our pools to a standard exceeding New Zealand national standards, including the following:
- For most of our pools, we add chlorine gas to the water and have a water quality routine where we constantly monitor the chlorine and PH levels, ensuring they remain within safety guidelines. These levels have been shown to eliminate viruses similar to COVID-19.
- The water in our natural geothermal water pools (also known as our Sulphur Pools) is completely replaced every 4 hours. We then drain and refill these pools each and every night.
- All pools are cleaned daily.
- Our bathrooms are continually cleaned and restocked on a regular basis throughout the day. All surfaces including handrails are wiped down with disinfectant.
- Robes, towels, and swimming costumes in both the pools and the Spa continue to be washed after every use.